Dr. Jonathan Little and Dr. Barbara Oliveira are conducting a research study examining how a Low carbohydrate breakfast OR a Low fat Breakfast impacts glucose control.
We are looking for males and females who:
- Are between the ages of 20-79 years.
- Have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes by their physician for more than 1 year;
- have a current HbA1c is of < 8.5%;
- Are in treatment which includes lifestyle or stable (≥3 months) oral glucose-lowering medications;
- Have a blood pressure of <160/99 mm Hg;
- Are non-smoking;
- Have no prior history of cardio vascular disease or stroke;
- Are not on hormone replacement therapy, corticosteroids, or anti-inflammatory medications;
This study lasts 12 weeks and involves following oriented breakfast, filling out questionnaires, completing a diet foodlog and collecting blood drops. You will receive food coupons to help on your breakfast. All to be done at home with no displacement.
If you are interested, please fill out the Eligibility Questionnaire in our website: